WEDNESDAY, MAY 20, 2020
Please note day/date change from our original meeting schedule and update your calendar as needed!
- Noon-1:30 p.m. (Central)
- Online webinar.
- 1.5 PDH with verified attendance (must respond to poll questions during webinar)
- Free to SEAoT attendees, courtesy of the Steel Joist Institute (SJI)
How to register:
- Click here to register your attendance with SEAoT
- Follow instructions in SEAoT confirmation email to register at SJI site with coupon code
- Receive confirmation and webinar link from SJI
This webinar will highlight key points when using open web steel joists and joist girders in lateral load resisting systems for wind and seismic loads. The webinar addresses commonly used frames, diaphragms and bracing systems as well as commonly used details and effective ways to communicate the design requirements to the joist manufacturer. SJI Technical Digest 11 is the reference for this webinar.
This webinar is provided by the Steel Joist Institute. Participants can earn 1.5 PDHs.
- Focus on the use of open web products in several different lateral load resisting systems.
- Specify how to clarify loads.
- Provide examples of commonly used connection details.
- Share tips on how to reduce costs of different systems