- UPDATE: This webinar will be 1.0 PDH
- Thursday, June 18, 2020
- Noon-1:00 p.m. (Central)
- Online webinar.
- 1.0 PDH with verified attendance (must be logged in for at least 51 minutes of the webinar)
- Free to SEAoT attendees, courtesy of the American Wood Council (AWC)
How to register:
- Click here to register your attendance with SEAoT
- Your SEAoT confirmation email will include a link to register with AWC. In order to register, you will need to create an AWC account or log in to an existing account.
- Once you click register, your information should automatically pass through to GoToWebinar. Click through to the “You’re Registered!” screen, which also offers an “Add to Calendar” option.
- AWC will send you a confirmation email including your link to join the webinar.
Due to the great success of DES340-Cornucopia of Classic Connection Conundrums presentation, this program includes discussion about wood-based connection design based on numerous help desk questions and feedback from design professionals. AWC has identified some commonly overlooked wood-based connection engineering requirements from the National Design Specification® (NDS®) for Wood Construction and Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic (SDPWS) for discussion. Connection detailing requirements and design examples will also be provided.
- Describe and analyze wood-based connection engineering issues.
- Acquire resources for complying with wood-based connection design.
- Identify lateral connection details.
- Specify proper fasteners for shear walls, diaphragms, and other wood-based assemblies.
Equivalencies: 1.0 Hour of Instruction = 0.10 Continuing Education Units (CEU) = 1.0 Professional Development Hours (PDH) = 1.0 Learning Units (LU)
Lori Koch, PE
Manager, Educational Outreach
American Wood Council
Lori earned a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Penn State University, and an M.S. in Civil Engineering from Clemson University. She then earned a Master of Forestry degree from the Wood Science department at Virginia Tech with a focus on Residential Wood Structures. She has been with AWC since 2012, and is currently the Manager of Educational Outreach. She chairs the American Society of Civil Engineers/Structural Engineering Institute (ASCE/SEI) Wood Education Committee. Lori is a member of the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA) Continuing Education Committee, and is also a board member for the Structural Engineers Association of Virginia (SEAVa). She is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in Virginia.